I work with individuals and couples to help them navigate through challenging times in their lives. We all have times where we can use an outsider’s insight into our situation, and that is what I offer through my counselling services.
- I like to help people to become more themselves
- I like to help people discover and take practical steps to improve their lives
- I am a listening ear, a sounding board, and a coach who helps people draw on their strengths to move forward.
I grew up here in Halifax, but have also lived in a number of other places in Canada and abroad. I have been married for 21 years, and have three children.
- Master of Education in Counselling (Acadia University)
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies (Regent College)
- Bachelor of Arts (University of King’s College)
My Counselling Experience:
I have seven years counselling experience in a variety of settings, including:
- Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC)
- Dalhousie University
- My private practice (Christy MacArthur Counselling)
- Certified Canadian Counsellor
- Registered Counselling Therapist with the Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists